At Cleveland Apartments, we understand the importance of education in today's
society. Parents want nothing more than to place their children in schools where
they know their children will be in good hands. Especially when moving to a new
area, parents want to make sure that there are appropriate schools nearby.
Researching specific needs and wants for their children's education is the first
step that any moving parent should take. A simple phone call to the school's
district will answer most of your questions, but not all. Some cases may require
a visit to a counselor who is more than willing to help a parent find the right
education and school for their kids. The internet is also a very useful source
for information regarding ANYTHING related to your child's education. Here is a
link to the Ohio Department of Education site.
Ohio Department of Education
The site offers a strategic plan for higher achievement of all students.
Set clear and high expectations for what all students should know and be able to
Make sure that educators have the skills, knowledge, and resources to help
students reach higher levels of achievement. Foster the ability of families and
communities to help students succeed.
Measure, publicize, and reward results and hold all educators and students
responsible for them.
Set high expectations for what all students should know and be able to do
- Raise awareness, create understanding and generate support for what
students should know and be able to do
- Promote the alignment of what we expect from our students with what is
taught and tested
Provide leadership, resources, and build capacity
- Provide regional, school and district leadership with the support needed
to sustain academic improvement
- Ensure that every school and classroom has educators who meet high-quality
- Promote the effective use of current resources and advocate for The
resources needed to improve student achievement
- Identify and promote educational practices that lead to improved student
- Ensure that the work of regional service providers focuses on Ohio's
standards-based educational system
- Promote high-quality educational options that lead to improved student
Measure progress and hold educators and students responsible for
higher academic achievement
- Develop fair state tests aligned with academic content standards
- Promote the use of data to make decisions about teaching and learning
- Develop and implement a fair accountability system that reports
results and rewards successes
- Through community engagement, students, families and communities
understand and support the learning expectations.
- Curricula in schools align with academic content standards.
- Students receive high-quality instruction aligned with academic content
- Educators receive professional development aligned with academic content
standards and effective teaching and leadership strategies.
- Higher education prepares teachers and administrators to improve student
- Students have the right conditions and motivation for learning, including
effective intervention strategies.
- School, home and community learning environments are safe, supportive and
- Educators, families and students use data to make decisions that lead to
Higher achievement for all students
As measured by:
- Results of state level assessments disaggregated by groups of students
- Graduation rates
- Percentage and number of buildings moving into and out of School
- Percentage and number of buildings that met Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
in most recent year
- Number of districts and buildings that improve rating from previous year
- Number of districts and buildings showing Performance Index gain
- National assessment (NAEP) results disaggregated by groups of students
- ACT/SAT participation rates
- ACT/SAT scores
- Remediation rates at Ohio colleges and universities
- Participation rates in post-secondary education
- Percentage of students passing advanced courses (AP exams)
- Talk with your child about current issues...
Source from Cleveland Public Schools
Cleveland Schools |
Apartment Search Tips |
Local Phone Numbers |
Cleveland Utilities |
Apartment Rent Tips
Hunter's Check List |
Apartment Moving Tips |
Apartment Packing Tips |
Apartment Moving Day
Cleveland Restaurants |
Cleveland Newspapers |
Contact Us |
© Copyright 2001 - 2013 All Rights Reserved.
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing law. (Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).Some of the content on on this website has been secured from outside sources. We believe it to be reliable, however, we make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied , as to the accurrent Rental information is subject to change with or without prior notification.